Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday, January 14th

Not much is new, but I thought it about time for an update.

I now go to San Antonio only once a week and LeMaistre has already said we can cut back on that soon. He said I am doing so well there is no reason to come down so often. I like that.

We will do scans mid-February. Neither Doty nor I can feel any swollen nodes and I was like a bag of marbles before. The February tests will create a baseline to compare to in subsequent quarters.

I have played 5 or 6 rounds of golf since transplant. The first round was on Day 30. Yesterday I walked the front 9 at Fazio Canyons. The hills nearly killed me, but I finished. Cindy said I moaned in my sleep all night, though, and I am still very sore today.

My legs are weak, so I am trying to get my strength back in them. I started exercise class again last week. I've been twice now and plan on continueing a Tue/Thur routine. I will also try to walk 9 once a week.

This weekend my SSP (Scum-Sucking Pigs) Study Group will be in from Houston. We'll have dinner and some fine wines Friday night and talk business. Then we'll play golf the next morning. We've been doing this a couple of times per year for over 20 years.

Next week is our 27th annual quail hunt. This group is our old San Antonio neighborhood. Gary & I will be in Freer Wednesday through Saturday. Our cell phones do work there if anyone needs anything.

Cindy turns 60 on January 30th. If you want to send her a card, address it to my office and I'll take them all to her that day.

Cindy Kilmer c/o Rick Kilmer
609 Castle Ridge Road, Ste. 315
Austin, TX 78746-5126

This is a busy January. I'm thankful to be able to enjoy it.

I appreciate you checking in and I appreciate your friendship.

Rick

2 comments:

Carol said...

Well, this sounds so good, Rick! Thanks for the update. You are truly an inspiration.

Hugs,

Carol

Peggy said...

So glad you are doing so well....Andy will look for you on the golf course! Happy Birthday Cindy! Blessings and continued good health.
Peggy Greenawalt