Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturday 10/13/07

Good morning!

Early this morning I went down to the Capitol to support Lance Armstrong's effort to get Proposition 15 passed. I believe Proposition 15 will advance cancer research and, perhaps, save your kids or my kids from having to endure the kind of treatment I am going through. Please vote for it and, far more importantly, please use all your contacts and influence with others to get them on board.

P.S. ANN: I did keep my distance from people.

UPDATE: I saw Dr. Doty yesterday. The lymph nodes in the neck and underarm appear to be resolved. There are some very small, mushy nodes in the right groin, but all the poison hasn't soaked in yet. I believe we are on track for transplant the week of 10/28. I intend to sign an apartment lease as of 10/26 and move in that weekend.

From now to then I will need to be very cautious as a cold or an infection could decimate our plans. For that reason Cindy and I will avoid crowds and any other form of "contamination". This will be difficult for Cindy as she really needs to be with people.

THE PLAN (with lots of assumptions):
  • 10/15 - a short chemo infusion (Vincristine) and start steroids again
  • 10/17 - PET/CAT scan
  • 10/19 - meet with Dr. LeMaistre ???
  • 10/24 - see Dr. Doty again
  • 10/26 - sign lease and start move to San Antonio
  • 10/29, 30 - chemo killing bone marrow at Methodist ???
  • 10/31 - infuse Ann's stem cells into my system
  • 11/01/07 - life starts all over and gets better every day!!!

Thanks for checking in.

RICK

2 comments:

Dick Urbanowski said...

Rick,

We'll raise our prayers to an even higher level beginning this weekend. I hope that your remaining treatments and the transplant goes as well as expected.

God Bless.

Carol said...

Rick,

Rich and I have you daily in our hearts and prayers as you and Cindy and Ann await your stem cell transplant. All best wishes for your remaining treatments and progress toward success!

Hugs,

Carol