Wednesday, October 24, 2007

TRANSPLANT update & schedule

Well, it's set!

Cindy & I saw Dr. LeMaistre in San Antonio yesterday and stem cell transplant is now scheduled. He was happy with what we accomplished in the last two rounds of chemo and he was surprised I had withstood it so well. He wants me to recooperate a little more, but we are now scheduled to start next week. This is the plan:

11/01 Dilantin pills to prepare for chemo - move to SA
11/02 Fludarabine + Busulfan CHEMO in SA (8AM to 3PM ??)
11/03 Fludarabine + Busulfan CHEMO in SA (8AM to 3PM ??)
11/04 Fludarabine CHEMO in SA (8AM to 1PM ??)
11/05 Fludarabine CHEMO in SA (8AM to 1PM ??)
11/06 Fludarabine CHEMO in SA (8AM to 1PM ??)
11/07 Day of Rest
11/08 TRANSPLANT DAY
11/09 Cindy & I will lock ourselves in the apartment for a week or so and avoid contact with most everyone until my blood counts recover. Telephone & email will be our form of communication for a while. We will have to go to the clinic daily and may have to have a few transfusions, so our days will be pretty busy. Please forgive any delay in getting back to you. We will, but dealing with the cancer comes first.

Cindy & I will spend most of November & December in San Antonio. We have a great apartment near LaCantera, where I hope to play a little golf while recovering. I will, of course, do everything the doctor instructs, but I also intend to work part of every day. I will have my computer and cell phone and files will be sent or transferred frequently to and from the office. Gary, Norma & Nick will be helping me stay on top of things and handling all client service needs from Austin.

Norma will always have my schedule of appointments and my medical schedule. Please call her at 512-329-6100 to arrange a telephone appointment.

As always, thank you for your friendship, your support and your prayers.

RICK

6 comments:

Carol said...

Rick and Cindy,

November 8 it is! So glad you've been able to continue on your amazing march toward the transplant. Prayers and hugs,

Carol and Rich

Unknown said...

Go Rick! So glad it is finally happening. We'll miss you while you are gone but will be praying hard for you (and for Cindy).

Kathy M.

Julie said...

God Bless you!!! My mom has been giving me updates as well. I've passed on the info to the team, we will all have you in our prayers.

Julie, Ruth and TNT

Amy said...

You've got people everywhere praying for you, Rick! I'll say an extra long one on November 8th. Your heart and courage are inspirational to all of us and we know you can do it with His help. Phillippians 4:13
Amy Bloomquist

Carol said...

Rick and Cindy,

Bon voyage. Strength for the journey.

Carol and Rich

Jurors Advocate said...

Dear Rick.. Saw Brenda and Trey last nite and they told me about your blog!. I am so glad you are doing this.
Please know that Jim and I are praying for and cheering you on in this race! You are a true inspiration to so many people and I know that I have found strength in knowing you.

We are praying for you ......

Jim and Sharon Sedwick