Thursday, November 8, 2007

Infusion Day

Well, this is I-Day!

I expect it to be anti-climatitic, but everything we've done so far has been for this day. The actual process will be to take a blood sample, start an IV (get fluids flowing), see Dr. LeMaistre, start IV of Ann's stem cells about 10:30 (should only take 30 minutes), and continue saline IV for several hours while they monitor my reaction. Piece of cake!

I think Ann suffered most for this. She had to lay around in a hospital bed for most of two days with a large straight needle in each arm. She is certainly my hero! Bill was a real trooper, too, as he sat with her and took care of her while we were doing our things elsewhere in the hospital. I sincerely appreciate both of them.

It is almost 6 AM and Mother just got up so I'll close this for now. Later today or tonight I'll post a blow-by-blow of these last few days.

Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers. I am doing very well and I believe mostly due to your support. I appreciate you!

Rick

3 comments:

Jules said...

Burk and SHE send our prayers for you and Cindy and Ann and the Docs and your family. Keep us posted with your posts when you have time and feel up to it.

XOXOX
SHE

Tina Richardson said...

SSP Houston sends good thoughts and prayers to you and your family, and your lovely sister.

Unknown said...

Rick,

Just talked to my parents and am very glad to hear that you are doing great.

Steve, Susan, PJ and Jordan.