Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday, November 27th

Yesterday was a good day. All counts were up again so Ann's stem cells are definitely growing and taking over. LeMaistre was pleased. He even said I could eat salad again.

Apparently the infection risk is back to "normal", so I am out of the woods there. I asked him about being in crowds and he explained that crowds in confined spaces increase risk of getting a cold or the flu. He said I would tolerate a cold or the flu OK now but that fever usually comes with them and if I get a fever he's putting me in the hospital. So I'll continue to avoid crowds in close quarters and sneezy/sniffly people. I'll also avoid handshakes and hugs and I'll wash my hands a lot. I guess I'll miss all the parties this year. Oh, well!

If things continue as they are now I expect to be back in Austin around December 15th. I'll need to drive back to SA twice a week for a while after that, but that's better than living here in this apartment! It sure is getting small!

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes and prayers. They've meant a lot to me!

Rick



1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey Rick and Cindi~
This is such good news!! We are so pleased to know you are doing well. Praise God! Stay well - God bless! We pray you will continue to grow stronger and stronger.
Love,
Susan & Bob