Saturday, November 10, 2007

Thank you for supporting Prop. 15

I've been remiss in thanking all of you for your support...

I am so glad this passed. I think it will make a big difference in cancer research and I think it will be very good for Texas economically. This money and almost this much again in matching dollars will be spent creating jobs here. We will attract doctors, researchers, and support staff from around the world. This will be really good for Texas!

Our next job is to be sure the money is spent well. The Board in charge of allocating this money will be very important. I'll be checking into that process and will keep you posted. You may need to write letters to polititians or letters to the editor.

Speaking of the editor... I want to thank Rich Oppel for his support, too. He and the Austin American Statesman were strong advocates of the Proposition and will be a good source of information about the Board. When you see something about an appointee or the process that doesn't look right to you, be quick to write Rich. It is critical that this Board be done right the first time and not be filled with political 'favors'. It's your money!!

As always, I appreciate you more than you can know!

RICK

No comments: